- CLICKABLE DEMO
- AUTHOR LED WEB-EVENTS
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- STUDENT FEEDBACK
- INSTRUCTOR FEEDBACK
- TEACHING AND LEARNING TOOLS
Connect Master: Investigating Technology
- Digital-First Approach: Digital Connect Master platform allows for greater accessibility and frequently updated material.
- Current, Updated & Refreshed Content: Up-to-date content allows students to engage in material for better learning.
- Adaptive: Customized learning platform allows students to learn in a variety of ways and focus on a learning path that is designed to help them learn more efficiently.
- Flexible: Ideal for a variety of course formats – traditional, flipped, online or hybrid.
- Dedicated Author Team: North Idaho College professors Ted Tedmon & Casey Wilhelm are customer oriented to determine the best content and product solutions.
- Investigating Technology
- So you need to buy a computer
- What is a computer?
- Connecting to the Internet
- Protecting your Digital Device
- Storing Your Information
- Getting Data into your Computer
- Getting Information out of Your Computer
- Protecting yourself on the Internet
- Smartphones and Tablets- Your Next Computer
- Windows 10
- Computers in Business
- File Management
- Internet Research
Investigating Technology by Tedmon and Wilhem
Responses from instructor interviews about Investigating Technology:
- “Significantly fewer students dropped the class. They see that they can succeed with Investigating Technology.”
- “My students are attaining higher scores on their quizzes and tests. Investigating Technology creates an effective learning environment.”
- “Teaching technology by using technology is the only way to go. Investigating Technology is outstanding and you can see it in my student’s grades.”
- “Course setup is a breeze. There is a minimal learning curve with this software.”
- “The analytics provided by LearnSmart and Connect helped me to identify at risk students.”
- “Investigating Technology makes learning more fun. The adaptive learning elements of Investigating Technology keeps students engaged.”
- “The bulleted format of the text is concise and digestible. My students are actually reading again!”
- “Investigating Technology is all-digital and up-to-date. I don’t have to worry about cumbersome reviews of new editions or out-of-date material. It makes teaching easier.”
Results from North Idaho College Student Performance (longitudinal study of 7 years):
- First 4 years using other technology and content in market.
- Last three years using Investigating Technology Connect Master with SIMnet (Nordell).
- Teach 6 section per semester/ 24 students per section.
- Using Investigating Technology persistence improved from persistence rates 18.6/per section to 21.2 students per semester (14% increase in persistence).
- Using investigating Technology (identical summative assessments were used) grades improved by over 9 percentage points (almost 1 entire grade point!)